Skip to product information
1 of 1

Alexis Hudon - Groseille Gamay & Cab Franc 2022

Alexis Hudon - Groseille Gamay & Cab Franc 2022

Regular price $25.00 USD
Regular price Sale price $25.00 USD
Sale Sold out

Young Québécois transplant Alexis Hudon worked as a sommelier, serving natural wines for ten years in Quebec City and Montreal before he moving to Paris in late 2013. In 2014, he worked his first harvest alongside Julien Guillot in Burgundy and Nicolas Reau in Anjou.

In the late spring of 2015, Hudon left Paris to work full time with Lise & Bertrand Jousset in the Loire.Hudon has passionately committed to the world of winemaking since then and established his own cellar space in 2019. Hudon does not own any vineyards but buys exclusively-organic fruit from his friends in the Touraine AOP.

80% of his grapes come from the village of Saint-Aignan and the other 20% from Montlouis-sur-Loire.Alexis is more than simply purchasing fruit, rather he is working in the vineyards alongside the owners. He prunes the 4 hectares of land from where he sources his grapes, works the same soils, and harvests by hand with his team. He brings the grapes in small crates to his cellar in Bourges where he starts the vinification. Although he still helps his friends Jousset in the fields and cellar when necessary, Hudon released his first solo vintage in 2018 with 500 cases, a figure that tripled by the 2019 vintage.

Type: Red
Producer: Alexis Hudon
Varietal: Gamay, Cab Franc
Country: France
Region: Loire Valley
Farming: Organic, Low-Sulphur

View full details